- Shop All
- Range Cookers
- Our Brands
- Special Offers
The North East’s Authorised AGA and Rayburn Distributor Providing Genuine Parts and Servicing
As with most domestic appliances AGA and Rayburn cookers require regular routine servicing and maintenance, this helps to keep your cast iron range working safely and efficiently.
As the authorised AGA Distributor for the North East we pride ourselves on being able to offer our customers a complete after care service for your cast iron range cooker. This covers everything from the regular servicing to emergency breakdown cover.
Our installation and service engineers nearly all go through a long apprenticeship with Walter Dix & Co. gaining a vast product technical knowledge on AGA and Rayburn appliances of all fuel types. They regularly attend Gas Safe and OFTEC courses and only fit genuine AGA and Rayburn parts to ensure any work carried out on your appliance is of the highest standard and meets all the necessary requirements laid down by the manufacturer and the applicable regulatory body.
AGA/Rayburn Service Schedule
To keep your AGA or Rayburn in tip top shape it will require servicing at the intervals below:
- Gas appliances including Traditional Gas and Dual Control gas AGA cookers and Rayburn Gas Cookers and Boilers require a service every 12 months.
- Electric AGA Cookers, including the AGA Total Control, Dual Control and Traditional 13amp Electric should have a fan check every 2 ½ years (if applicable), A full service and PAT test should be carried out every 5 years.
- Oil Appliances including Traditional AGA cookers and Oil Fired Rayburns should be serviced every 6 months. Central Heating Oil Rayburns are recommended to be serviced every 12 months
- Solid fuel models are recommend to have an annual service.
It is important to maintain the service schedule of your appliance in accordance to the manufacturer’s instructions to keep the appliance running correctly and safely. Please note that this is also a condition of the warranty agreement.
We also stock a huge range of genuine spare parts for both AGA and Rayburn cookers. That can either be collected in store or delivered to your home address (Delivery Charges apply)
PLEASE BE ADVISED WE WILL ASK FOR COOPERATION WITH OUR CUSTOMERS TO ENSURE THAT SOCIAL DISTANCING WHILST WORKING IN YOUR HOME IS CARRIED OUT AND THAT IF ANY PERSON IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD BECOMES UNWELL, SELF ISOLATING OR TESTING POSITVE FOR COVID-19 THAT THE SERVICE ARRANGEMENT IS POSTPONED.
Our Coverage Area
Our service engineers cover a vast area across the North East of England and North Yorkshire.
We currently employ a team of five engineers and they carry out routine servicing and repairs Monday to Friday across the area shown on the map. If you have a breakdown on your cooker we would aim to have an engineer with you and repair it within 48 hours.
For our regular customers we do also offer a Saturday call out service for emergency breakdowns only.
How To Book A Service or Repair
Call 0191 482 0033
Our Phone Lines Are Open 08:30 – 17:00 Mon-Fri (9.30- 15.00 SAT)* (ring before 10.30 for Saturday breakdown)
For Out of Hours Calls A Message Service is Available That Is Picked Up First Thing The Next Business Day
A Booking Can Be Organised By Emailing
Or Using The Website Enquiry Form
To Help Save Time Please Include Address Details And Cooker Details In The Email
Terms & Conditions
- Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to estimated maintenance dates it is a condition that no liability (direct or consequential or otherwise) to the Customer or any other person is accepted by the Company if for any reason maintenance is delayed beyond these dates, including any delays in obtaining replacement components required to complete repairs.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by the incorrect operation or treatment of an appliance including interference with the controls of any equipment as set by the Company or as a result of the use of incorrect fuel and any repairs so necessitated shall be charged to the Customer.
- Before the Company carries out any work all outstanding contract fees charges and invoices shall have been paid by the Customer.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse to service or repair any appliance that upon inspection is found to be such that the appliance has not been installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations or cannot be maintained in accordance with the appropriate schedule of maintenance.
- Installations and maintenance works will normally be carried out Monday to Friday inclusive (excluding public holidays) during normal working hours 8.15 a.m. to 4.15 p.m. Any work outside these hours at the request of the Customer shall incur additional cost at premium rates.
- PLEASE NOTE A MINIMUM CALL OUT CHARGE MAY BE CHARGEABLE TO YOU THE CUSTOMER IF: 1.The authorised service engineer who calls at your home finds no fault with the appliance. 2. Other parts of your plumbing system or flue, are either faulty or do not comply with the appropriate installation instructions. 3.The unit is more than 12 months old. or 4. If it is deemed the product has been misused.
- The Company is registered for VAT and all charges will be subject to VAT in accordance with the VAT regulations prevailing at the time of supply.
- The Company’s liability with regard to technical advice is strictly limited to the information contained in the installation instructions issued by the manufacturer for the appliance concerned. We are not qualified to give any technical advice and therefore cannot accept responsibility for Builders’ work or building construction or modification including flues, chimneys or chimney linings, hot water or heating systems, electrical sub circuits, gas or oil supply pipes to the point of connection to the appliance. The Company shall not be responsible for the maintenance of or repairs to flues, chimneys or chimney linings, hot water or heating systems, electrical sub circuits, gas or oil supply pipes to the point of connection to the appliance